Sunday, August 11, 2013

School Beauty Essentials!

Hey guys! This will be my second post in my Back to School Beauty series. Today I'd thought I'd share my beauty essentials for back to school. I don't bring a ton of beauty items to school, but they sure do come in handy in case of a makeup meltdown. It's pretty hot most of the year where I live, so being outside for more than 5 minutes will make you sweat! Let's get into the essentials.

So, to the left, is a makeup bag you can purchase at Target. (link: http://www.target.com/p/arabian-brights-cosmetic-bag-collection/-/A-14392514 ) I have a makeup bag from this collection that is a size up (I use it for travel), but my makeup bag I keep in my backpack from Primark (a store I went to in England) is nowhere on the internet. So, let's get into what I keep in my makeup bag!
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - I always keep a concealer in my makeup bag. If I get oily and my makeup needs a touch-up, it's important to have a concealer, especially if I have any breakouts or redness.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Powder is a must-have! I get oily and have to touch up at least once during a school day.
  • Kleenex On The Go - If you don't know what this is, it's just those Kleenex tissue pack that are easy to fit into a purse or makeup bag. I use these a ton. I use them as blotting paper; they work just as well. Also, I am SUPER allergy prone, and if I skip a day of taking my allergy medicine, I will have a cold the next day. Definitely an essential.
  • Lipbalm - I don't have a specific brand I love, but I always have a lipbalm in my makeup bag so I don't get chapped lips. That's just not cute.
  • Lipstain/Lipstick/Tinted Lipbalm/Lipgloss - I, again, don't have a specific product I always keep in there, but whatever lip color I where that day, I throw it in my bag to touch up after lunch or if my lip color is wearing off. I have recently been loving my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, which I have posted about on Instagram. Let me know if you want a review! 
  • EcoTools Powder Brush - This is a great drugstore powder brush. I definitely recommend their brushes, they are amazing quality. But, I keep a powder brush in there to apply my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. (Purchasable at Ulta)
  • Bedhead Tigi Hard Head Hairspray - I don't keep this in my makeup bag, but I do keep it in my backpack if I curl my hair that day. I always need to touch up, and the one I have is perfect because it's travel sized, and really helps my hair hold a curl, which it does NOT like to do!
  • Perfume Rollerball - Whenever I buy perfume, I always buy a rollerball as well to keep with me during the day. I like to smell nice, okay?
So that's basically all. Wow I feel like I keep a lot in my makeup bag, but I always use all of them. Let me know what your essentials are down below.

Follow me on Instagram @lovekelseybeauty for multiple posts during the week. Post a picture of your essentials on Instagram with the hashtag #backtoschoolbeauty and tag me as well!
Disclaimer: Not sponsored.

xoxo Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment