Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Weeks of School Experience + Advice

Hey guys! This will be my fifth and final post in my Back to School Beauty series. Instagram me pictures with the #backtoschoolbeauty and tag me @lovekelseybeauty to possibly be featured in some of my later posts!

So, I want to apologize for my lack of posting last week. I started school August 26th, and have been slightly overwhelmed, and trying to adjust. Now, I will try to stick to my schedule of posting every Sunday. Please know that lack of posts will purely be from me being busy. I start gymnastics competitions soon, and might forget to post occasionally. Make sure to follow my blog through email (register on the right), and you will always know when I have posted! Now let's get into my first weeks of high school experience!

So, before school actually started, I had a mini orientation. I got my ID picture taken, picked up textbooks, and got a brief view of the school. All this was very helpful and really helped give me a sense of where everything is in the school. I also had a freshman party that was hosted at school, where you can learn about clubs and organizations, as well as it had food and music. It was so fun!

Now, let's talk about school starting. I got my schedule on the very first day of school, which was overwhelming. Luckily, they don't count tardies at my school for the first week. My school is set up in an "A-day/B-day" style. I have 4 classes one day, then 4 classes the next day. But, all the classes are double a long as they would be if they were all in one day.  So on the first day of school, I had Art, then World Geography, then Spanish 2, then Biology. B-days, I have Graphic Design, then English, then Health, and then Geometry. I do take all Pre-AP as well. I really do like my schedule because it evenly divides up my fun classes with my not so fun classes. It creates a nice balance with my homework load, how bored I get (lol), etc.

Now, I'm just going to briefly talk about these two weeks as a whole. They have been pretty fun. Moving to a school where you only know a handful of people is stressful, but I have definitely found a really nice group of friends. I like basically all my teachers, and my homework load isn't excessive. So, overall these weeks have been good.

Now, I'm going to give  few bits of advice if you haven't started school, or if you can take anything from this. Probably not.

  • Have a map of the school. You don't have any clue how lost I got.
  • Don't be afraid to ask for help or directions. Teachers will normally be helpful and forgiving if you are late for the first week.
  • Try to get there on time. That sort of contradicted what I just said, but being punctual (if you can find where you are going) makes a good first impression.
  • Make friends in your classes. This is very important because you'll see them often, so trying to make friends with them; I promise this will help you in the long run.
  • Be organized. This is essential, especially if you have alternating days like I do. I would suggest having an organized binger and folder for each day. However you want to be organized, stay organized. It will keep you from having your brain all over the place.
  • Do your homework. This is a given. Even if you don't think you did well, turning it in later will not be helpful for your grade. In some of my classes, no late work is accepted. Like none. That's definitely different from how it was in middle school. So, bottom line, do your homework and turn it in.
  • Go to tutorials. Most teachers have that option available. It's not just for people who are failing, as some people think. If you have questions about the homework or what you are learning, seek the help of a teacher.
  • Ask questions. It'll help a lot to fully understand concepts, especially if you are learning at a very fast pace.
So, that's all I got. Hopefully I wasn't just all over the place, and that you took something from this. Tag me with your pictures on Instagram! I will try to start posting at least 3 times a week on there, as well as my main account @__kelseyy____ . There are 2 underscores at the beginning, and 4 at the end. (Yes I did change my username). Follow me on there for more regular posts, even though they probably won't be beauty related!

Disclaimer.:Not sponsored.

xoxo Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment