Sunday, August 25, 2013

What's in My Backpack?

Hey guys! This will be my fourth post in my #backtoschoolbeauty series! I thought I would show you what to have in your backpack for the first day/week of school. Obviously, after you find out what your teachers want you to have (school supplies wise), things will change. But, for the first week, these supplies should suffice. So, let's get into the supplies!

The first thing I will show y'all my backpack. It's from Aeropostle. I got it last year, so I don't think you can still buy it. I don't typically get a new backpack every year, and I still like this one.

The first thing to put in there is a notebook. This is just a black FIVE STAR One-Subject notebook (below). They come in a ton of colors and in three- and five-subject. But, just use whatever notebook you have, and then buy some after you find out your school supply needs. These notebooks are my favorite!


Next, you will probably need a folder. On the first few days, you get a TON of paperwork. It's also a great place to put class papers, your schedule, and a map. (A map is an ESSENTIAL) So, definitely have a folder.

The next thing you will need is your ID. You will use this for lunch, the library, and a ton of other things. If I were you, I would always have it on-hand. (If you want an ID/Picture Day makeup post, comment below!)


I would also recommend having a pencil bag. It will hold all of your pencils and pens. For things to put inside, I would suggest mechanical pencils, pencil lead, a black/red/blue pen, highlighters, scissors, your ID, an eraser, and maybe some emergency money (in case you can't buy lunch or something).

I also bring a makeup bag. I did a whole post about what I keep in there, so check it out here: http://lovekelseybeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/school-beauty-essentials_11.html

The last, and probably most important thing to keep you organized-- a planner. My school has planners to purchase, and they aren't ugly, so I got one. They are a lot smaller than a normal piece-of-paper-size planner. If your school has an ugly planner, Target has cute ones. Find one you think will keep you organized and will help you remember your homework.

Those are all the things I would suggest to have in your backpack for the first week. I also, obviously, keep my phone with me.

Please Instagram me with the hashtag #backtoschoolbeauty and show me your school supplies. Also tag me, @lovekelseybeauty . I start school tomorrow, August 26th! Tell me when y'all go back to school, or if you already have!
Disclaimer: Not sponsored. FIVE STAR is one of my favorite brands for school supplies, so I included them. You don't have to use the same brands as me. Comment below your favorite supply brands!

xoxo Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment